Uploading Files to Your Website (FTP)
To upload your website’s files, you need an FTP client to connect your computer to your hosting account.
Some popular FTP clients are:
You may also be able to upload your site through the software used to create it, such as Adobe Dreamweaver® or Microsoft Expressions Web®.
Or you could use the FTP client in our Hosting Control Center. For more information, see Using the Hosting Control Center Web-Based Java FTP Client (Help Center).
Use the following FTP settings to connect to your hosting account:
- Host Name
- This is your primary hosted domain name, or your hosting account IP address.
- FTP User Name
- Your hosting account user name. Where’s my user name (Help Center)?
- FTP Password
- Your hosting account password. I forgot my password (Help Center).
- Website URL
- Your site’s URL (e.g.http://www.b2dd.com).
- FTP Site URL
- Your FTP server’s URL (e.g.ftp://www.b2dd.com).
- Start Directory
- Our hosting services do not require a “Home” or “Start” directory, so leave the field blank. If the client requires a value, enter a single forward slash followed by your hosting account user name (i.e., /<user name>).
NOTE: Our hosting accounts only support passive FTP.